Not a stellar week for the B1G, both in terms of quality opponents and quality wins (translate: kicking ass), so we can expect to see some stuff we haven't seen in a while. Specifically, I think we can see the top 25 with only a couple or three teams from the B1G, and none even getting a sniff of the top ten.
Last week's relative ranking and this week's result.
- Michigan State trounced at home by the Irish in what has to be one of the most boring college games in quite some time.
- Ohio State gets lucky to escape the Shoe with a win after Cal's incompetent kicker missed 3 FG attempts, and the coach pussied out on 4th down.
- Michigan takes care of former FCS school, UMass, in the Big House.
And that's it folks. A mere three ranked teams last week. So here's what I expect this week.
- Ohio State takes over the top spot, but probably deserves to move down a couple notches. Pollsters have a vested interest in keeping the Buckeyes down so I imagine they will drop further than most winners would, maybe down to 15.
- Michigan doesn't deserve to move up, but probably will because they won big against a non-quality opponent.
- Michigan State's lack of offense has now come to light, and I think they drop down to about 20.
- Nebraska could re-enter the top 25 after shellacking a non-quality opponent at home.
- Northwestern should enter for the first time after defeating Boston College (a quality opponent) at home.
The interesting thing that is being set up in front of our very eyes, is that, once Ohio State takes care of them, MSU will no longer be in the top 25 and we could be looking at only Ohio State and Michigan as ranked teams from the B1G.